From: m h <sesquile@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-osx@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-osx] [PREFIX] Verbose info regarding 2.1.11 Linux install.
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2006 05:50:13
1 On 3/22/06, Kito <kito@g.o> wrote:
2 >
3 > On Mar 21, 2006, at 11:07 PM, m h wrote:
4 >
5 > >>>
6 > >>> Any hints on how to get gcc installed?
7 > >>>
8 > >>
9 > >> One option would be installing pycrypto via rpm and adding to
10 > >> package.provided. Another would be to try getting python and pycrypto
11 > >> installed via emerge. It must've been the python eclass looking in
12 > >> the hardcoded prefixed path for the python shared lib.
13 > >>
14 > >
15 > > Installed pycrypto via the rpm and updated the digests. GCC still
16 > > failed with the same error.
17 > >
18 > > Should I try to install a different gcc? Copy over the gcc binaries
19 > > from an existing gentoo install? (Would this even work)?
20 >
21 > Which versions and use flags are you trying? Is it just the SSP thats
22 > failing?
23
24 Here's my USE flags:
25 USE="x86 X alsa apm arts avi berkdb bitmap-fonts crypt cups dri eds
26 emboss encode foomaticdb fortran gdbm gif gnome gpm gstreamer gtk gtk2
27 imlib ipv6 jpeg kde libg++ libwww mad mikmod motif mp3 mpeg ncurses
28 nls ogg oggvorbis opengl oss pam pdflib perl png python qt quicktime
29 readline sdl spell ssl tcpd truetype truetype-fonts type1-fonts vorbis
30 xml2 xmms xv zlib elibc_glibc kernel_linux userland_GNU"
31
32 I assume you're asking about the versions of ebuilds for gcc? I'm
33 using the portage tree that the wiki points to.
34
35 SSP? I'm not sure what SSP is....
36
37 -matt