From: Daniel Ostrow <dostrow@g.o>
To: Matthew Ross <narf_tm@××××××××××××××××.com>
Cc: gentoo-osx@l.g.o, pvdabeel@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-osx] Re: Metapkg initiative
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2005 17:29:50
On Mon, 2005-10-10 at 12:20 -0500, Matthew Ross wrote:
> What happened to the Metapkg initiative? > Are there still plans for it? > The http://www.metapkg.org/ website is dead. > Is Portage on MacOS X a dead project? > Portage without ports is pretty useless. > > I have not really seen any updates since this newsletter http:// > www.gentoo.org/news/en/gwn/20040719-newsletter.xml > > >
Metapkg itself didn't end up going anywhere. There is however active development (albeit slow but steady) going on in Gentoo for MacOS X... I am CC'ing the appropriate list so you can ask that team further questions if you have them. -- Daniel Ostrow Gentoo Foundation Board of Trustees Gentoo/{PPC,PPC64,DevRel} dostrow@g.o -- gentoo-osx@g.o mailing list