From: Finn Thain <fthain@××××××××××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-osx@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-osx] Arch Testing Policy and Procedures
Date: Wed, 07 Sep 2005 04:40:10
On Tue, 6 Sep 2005, Grobian wrote:

> I have the impression that a few major things *have* to be done. This > requires 'action' and taking discisions that probably not everyone is > going to be happy with.
Yes. You also made this point earlier in the thread, but it got snipped (I'll repeat it here:)
> > > If Mike Frysinger would jump in today or tomorrow, here in this > > > team, we'd have to listen to "OSX sucks" all day long, but also "if > > > we do it like this, then it works, even on osx".
And that is one of the main reasons why, in big business, an executive or team of executives from outside the organisation (often from overseas) might be installed by a board to do a particular job (e.g. a reorganisation). This is not always because the vision or ability is lacking in-house, it is because no-one in-house wants the job (makes to many enemies to say "gentoo-macos sucks"), or because noone in-house will be given sufficient respect ("he is just one of us, and we don't see a problem") or because noone in-house can be trusted to do it (doesn't really apply here, since nepotism and corruption aren't the issue). -f -- gentoo-osx@g.o mailing list