From: Stroller <stroller@××××××××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-osx@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-osx] The road ahead?
Date: Sun, 30 Oct 2005 17:16:43
On Oct 30, 2005, at 10:49 am, Grobian wrote:
> > 2. Get a prefixed install to make Gentoo for OSX comparative to Fink > and > Darwin Ports, and quality wise go beyond.
As a Gentoo Linux and a Macintosh user this is very very important to me - I think you hit the nail on the head. Being familiar with Portage I didn't like Fink much when I used it; there are CLI utilities that I miss on OS X and I'd install Gentoo-OSX in a flash if I thought it was reasonably usable, but IMO the prefixed install is essential for gaining user confidence (particularly considering the caution of the average Mac user!).