From: Kito <kito@g.o>
To: gentoo-osx@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-osx] The road ahead?
Date: Wed, 02 Nov 2005 00:06:55
1 On Nov 1, 2005, at 4:45 PM, Lina Pezzella wrote:
2
4 > Hash: SHA1
7 > On Oct 31, 2005, at 2:34 PM, Grobian wrote:
8 >
9 >> Would you like to lead this sub-project, define roles, tasks and
10 >> roll out a todo list or some minimalistic readme, so people can
11 >> get involved and perhaps start wondering around in the code?
12 >
13 > Personally I think we're too small of a team to necessitate sub-
14 > projects like this. This being said, I don't see any problem
15 > deferring to kito on this issue, since he is the one with the
16 > knowledge on this subject.
17
18 Pretty much my feeling, but if it were needed/wanted, it would be an
19 alt sub-project as it reaches further than just os x.
22 >> I just say this because I think you are the one with the knowledge
23 >> here. Feel free to post regular updates of the ongoing work,
24 >> bottle-necks, issues and where work is needed to the list.
25 >
26 > Kito - I would love to get involved with the prefix work. Further,
27 > I completely agree with you that this is a priority. The reasons I
28 > haven't to date are as follows:
29 >
30 > (1) limited time due to college + ongoing interviews
31 > (2) no idea of how to get involved with it.
32 > (3) the feeling that I would not be particularly useful in this area.
33 >
34 > This being said, if you can roll out a todo list and a minimal
35 > readme for getting this type of setup running, I would love to be
36 > involved with it.
37
38 Excellent. I'm finishing up the last few system packages right now
39 (cctools and gcc mainly), then I want to get the 2 major bugs fixed,
40 collision-protect(many false positives) and binpkgs (getting key
41 errors on pkgmerge). After that I'll bug brian to help me roll a new
42 patch against current portage (rc7 at the time of writing), post an
43 install pkg and stage1 for darwin/osx, and get the overlay in the svn
44 module. Oh..and make a page on the wiki.
45
46 > I warn you ahead of time that my python knowledge is non-existant.
47
48 No worries, theres lots to do on the bash/ebuild side as well. The
49 more ebuilds we can get in the overlay the better. Also need help
50 testing on other archs and in a traditional non-prefixed install to
51 catch any regressions.
52
53 --Kito
56 gentoo-osx@g.o mailing list