From: Michael Haubenwallner <michael.haubenwallner@×××××××.at>
To: gentoo-osx@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-osx] [PREFIX] LD_LIBRARY_PATH issue
Date: Wed, 06 Sep 2006 13:37:17
1 Hi,
2
3 this is one reason why i never stopped using my toolsbox to bootstrap
4 portage: it creates environment-scripts, besides others containing those
5 LD_LIBRARY_PATH bits. And well, this is called SHLIB_PATH on HP-UX and
6 LIBPATH on AIX.
7
8 And for the running portage, i've some patches to let portage
9 dynamically extend the list of extendable variables with values
10 from /etc/env.d/ files.
11 In combination with some baselayout-packages, which do those
12 configuration through /etc/env.d/, i'm able to inform portage to dupe
13 the value of LDPATH into LD_LIBRARY_PATH, SHLIB_PATH or LIBPATH,
14 depending on the profile, which unmask the correct baselayout for a
15 specific platform.
16
17 Patches/ebuilds coming soon ...
18