From: Grobian <grobian@g.o>
To: gentoo-osx@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-osx] Election Details
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2005 08:01:38
On Thu, August 18, 2005 00:10, Lina Pezzella wrote:
>>> Sounds like you guys are going to do this regardless, so why wait >>> a week? > > We were hoping to give others a chance to announce candidacy. As per > my discussion on IRC with kito, if Fabian doesn't object, we will be > changing the election position to "Lead" and running as partners (co- > leads) rather than staying with the traditional strategic/operational > titles. We feel that the time commitment for the lead position would > be better met as a team due to our existing school and work > commitments. Kito suggested the name switch on the basis that the > "strategic" lead isn't going to be dictating long-term goals with a > project team as small as ours.
Hmmm, k. I can understand the time consumption thing. So if I understand correctly one of you two is going to be "Lead" and the other "Co-Lead" which is only a thing on a golden plate, but in the end results in sharing the "Lead" work as appropriate between you two. That's ok with me.
> My impression via our IRC conversation (and kito, please please > correct me if I'm wrong), is that kito wanted a senior gentoo > developer to take the project lead position. > As we currently don't > have a senior gentoo developer with the project, he felt it would be > better to wait for one to come along.
Hehe.... isn't kito senior enough? :) :p Compared to me almost everything is senior. :p
> ... We need someone that's > been with the Gentoo for Mac OS X project long enough to know the > difficulties it faces and where it's come from.
Good point.
> As for the need for the title, it is necessary for a variety of reasons: > 1) Recruitment - we can bring new devs on, but making staffing > announcements has been a battle without the title. After much > convincing with devrel, I got them to put up a one sentence staffing > call for the project only because Pieter (pvdabeel) has been pretty > publicly absent with regards to Gentoo for Mac OS X.
I assume this will change as soon as this thing becomes reality.
Ok. -- gentoo-osx@g.o mailing list