From: Grobian <grobian@g.o>
To: gentoo-osx@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-osx] Cairo on Mac OS X
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2005 16:29:29
there is a bug on it and I have been working on it today.

I already marked the deep dependencies of libsvg-cairo and cairo itself
in portage.

Cairo and libsvg-cairo compiled fine for me.

2.4 is not enough, it is vulnerable, so it should *not* be keyworded at
all.  See the security bug on it.  I have problems with graphviz 2.6, it
fails during the linking part on a undefined symbol:

<much bla bla>
libs/libexpr.lax/libvmalloc.a/vmtrace.o
.libs/libexpr.lax/libvmalloc.a/vmwalk.o   -L/var/tmp/graphviz/lib
../../lib/cdt/.libs/libcdt.dylib -lc  -install_name
/var/tmp/graphviz/lib/graphviz/libexpr.1.dylib
-Wl,-compatibility_version -Wl,2 -Wl,-current_version -Wl,2.0
ld: warning -L: directory name (/var/tmp/graphviz/lib) does not exist
ld: Undefined symbols:
_environ
/usr/bin/libtool: internal link edit command failed
make[3]: *** [libexpr.la] Error 1
make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make: *** [all] Error 2

Please try to get 2.6 compiling if you can, the deps should be fine.