From: Jesse Jacobs <jesse@×××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-performance@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-performance] tmpfs Questions
Date: Mon, 12 May 2003 13:01:47
1 Hello Again,
2 Sorry bout the cut n' paste. But another question.
3 I've read about a deadlock condition.
4 What would constitute a oversive tmpfs?
5 I thought anything unable to be allocated would be paged out to swap.
6 Thanks again,
7 Jesse.
10 Hello MAL,
11 Thanks,
12 I found what I needed.
13 One more question,
14 What would be the max size of /var/tmp?
15 ie. when building openoffice would ram(512) + 4GB swap suffice?
16 Thanks again,
17 Jesse.
18
19 MAL said:
20 > Jesse Jacobs wrote:
21 >> Hello All,
22 >>
23 >> I've been having probs with a tmpfs mount of /var/tmp.
24 >>
25 >> When merging a large pkg, The device runs outta space. Killin the
26 >> build.
27 >>
28 >> Question One:
29 >> How do I allow/adjust the alloted size?
30 >> I've read that tmpfs is dynamically adjustable.
31 >>
32 >> Question Two:
33 >> What mount options does tmpfs support?
34 >> i.e. quotas,nosuid,noatime,nodev,noexec(another's I've not mentioned :
35 >> ) )
36 >
37 > man mount
38 > /tmpfs