From: Joshua Moore-Oliva <josh@××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-performance@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-performance] KDE apps just started S L O W I N G down for no reason...
Date: Wed, 07 May 2003 17:20:37
1 Yesterday, after no changs to my system when I started up KDE it took aaggess
2 to load the restored session and it takes ages to start applications...
3
4 I'm on a 1.6Ghz P4, 512MB DDR RAM, 64MB ATI Mobility
5
6 It used to take 1-2 seconds to open Konsole, now it takes 7-10 seconds...
7 during that time the panel freezes.
8
9 Same goes for my other apps... Kate, Konqueror...
10
11 The only difference is xmms.. it loads fast but when I press play it takes
12 about 10 seconds before it starts playing...
15 However, once my KDE apps are running they perform normally..
18 Any idea what could be bogging down my system? I didn't do any new emerges or
19 change any settings as far as I know...
22 I did however disable xinerama and move to a single screen setup since I no
23 longer have a second monitor attached to my laptop.. but that shouldn't
24 cause the problems I am experiencing I don't think....
25
26 Josh.
29 gentoo-performance@g.o mailing list