From: "CRV§ADER//KY" <crusaderky@××××××.it>
To: gentoo-performance@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-performance] How is it possible ???
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2004 19:37:45
1 On Monday 28 June 2004 21:25, Andrea Pretto wrote:
2 > The situation does not improve....
3 > The ram usage and the speed are the same....
4 >
5 > If I use -mcpu=i686 instead of -march=athlon-xp ??
6 > What will change???
7
8 Your performance will suck MUCH more.
9
10 I don't think it's a compiler's optimization issue. It may be
11
12 1)some application sucking resources
13 2)different app versions
14 3)closed source drivers (NVIDIA etc.)
15 4)kernel configuration (just enabling-disabling full preemption changes a LOT
16 -- in a better or worse way, it depends on you kernel. with mine I wasn't
17 able to burn any CDs with preemption on....)
21 [] Guido Imperiale
22 [] CRV§ADER//KY
23 [] CVI.SCIENTIA.IMPERIVM
24
25 crusaderky at libero dot it
26 http://www.crusaderky.altervista.org
29 "Nam et ipsa scientia potestas est" (Knowledge is Power)
30 -- Sir Francis Bacon (1561-1626)
31 Meditationes Sacrae, de Haeresibus
32
33 "The Net treats censorship as damage and routes around it."
34 -- John Gilmore
35
36 "I worry about my child and the Internet all the time, even though she's
37 too young to have logged on yet. Here's what I worry about. I worry that
38 10 or 15 years from now, she will come to me and say: 'Daddy, where
39 were you when they took freedom of the press away from the Internet?'"
40 -- Mike Godwin, Electronic Frontier Foundation
43 gentoo-performance@g.o mailing list