From: Roman Gaufman <hackeron@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-performance@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-performance] Re: Best Raid0 blocksize/filesystem (benchmarks included)
Date: Sat, 09 Oct 2004 17:57:29
also posted here: http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic.php?p=1628006

Just out of interest, I ran a small benchmarks using bonnie++ with the
default configurations. The results are attached.

Just looking at the results, it seems ext3 is better than reiserfs in
most tests (speed and cpu utilization), only lacking in mass file
creation.
Is it really limiting to only be able to create 380 files per second
instead of 9500 per second? -- does emerge sync create more than 380
files *per second*?

Personally, seems the best middle ground is xfs as long as you accept
the risk of data loss incase of powerloss, but I guess thats a minor
risk for raid0 users :) -- seems xfs is also perfect for laptops, not
using too much ram, yet bringing CPU usage and disk access levels to
impressive values.

What is your experience? Should I maybe run some other tests for
better accuracy?

bonnie++-raid.log text/x-log