From: Bart Alewijnse <scarfboy@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-performance@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-performance] swap?
Date: Sat, 31 Jul 2004 13:52:25
1 But, unless I've not been paying enough attention, you haven't given
2 the output of 'free' under these conditions; that would help people
3 here in seeing what's wrong, or at least be more informative about
4 what's happening. (who knows, perhaps a 'cat /proc/meminfo' or vmstat
5 would too)
6 Other information like the kernel and indeed processes under these
7 conditions (run top, sort by cpu and mem and see if there's something
8 dealing badly with memory and swap - java for one can combines
9 horribly with I believe any OS'es swap, for example, but that
10 shouldn't noticeable show down anything else)
11
12 --Bart Alewijnse
15 gentoo-performance@g.o mailing list