From: Jesse Jacobs <jesse@×××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-performance@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-performance] tmpfs Questions
Date: Mon, 12 May 2003 12:50:06
1 Hello MAL,
2 Thanks,
3 I found what I needed.
4 One more question,
5 What would be the max size of /var/tmp?
6 ie. when building openoffice would ram(512) + 4GB swap suffice?
7 Thanks again,
8 Jesse.
9
10 MAL said:
11 > Jesse Jacobs wrote:
12 >> Hello All,
13 >>
14 >> I've been having probs with a tmpfs mount of /var/tmp.
15 >>
16 >> When merging a large pkg, The device runs outta space. Killin the
17 >> build.
18 >>
19 >> Question One:
20 >> How do I allow/adjust the alloted size?
21 >> I've read that tmpfs is dynamically adjustable.
22 >>
23 >> Question Two:
24 >> What mount options does tmpfs support?
25 >> i.e. quotas,nosuid,noatime,nodev,noexec(another's I've not mentioned :
26 >> ) )
27 >
28 > man mount
29 > /tmpfs