From: Kyle Lutze <kyle@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-performance@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-performance] gentoo-performance
Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2006 03:37:24
lnxg33k wrote:
> Chris wrote: > >> funny that a "high performance linux" has a dead performance ML... LOL > > <snip> > > Could be evidence that the "ricer" crowd doesn't read? (i.e. they post > to more generic lists or use other mediums instead of something specific > for their needs)
Time to throw in a performance info post. Has anybody done any tests on the different between the one core and dual core opteron processors? I currently have an opteron 242 and a gig of ram on a tyan mobo, and I'm curious as to which would allow me to compile programs faster, as I lend the systems out to a lot of groups that have slow systems Kyle -- gentoo-performance@g.o mailing list