From: Matthew Groote-Kirsch <mkirsch@××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-performance@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-performance] best Gcc compilzation flags
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2004 13:53:09
On Mon, 29 Nov 2004 16:45:03 +0500
"Server Tuneup mission" <talha@×××××××××××××.pk> wrote:

> i want to setup machine for proxy server anyother tunning recommended ?
I run a small home network with my main machine serving as a NAT firewall using iptables/netfilter. It is also a daily use desktop and runs just fine for my needs - NAT is very transparent and, as for performance, I can't even tell it's running. I haven't had to do any additional tuning other than the norm, and clients on my network get throughput nearly identical to the server. So far this has been very successful without dealing with the constraints of proxy servers. I am certainly no expert and invite those better informed than myself to chime in, but if you need the security of a proxy server for some reason, I believe most people are using squid ("emerge search squid"). Matthew -- gentoo-performance@g.o mailing list