From: Kumba <kumba@g.o>
To: gentoo-performance@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-performance] KDE apps just started S L O W I N G down for no reason...
Date: Wed, 07 May 2003 18:07:54
1 Are you using prelink? And if so, have you recently re-ran "prelink
2 -afmR"? (See the prelink document for explaination of -amfR)
3
4 --Kumba
7 Joshua Moore-Oliva wrote:
8 > Yesterday, after no changs to my system when I started up KDE it took aaggess
9 > to load the restored session and it takes ages to start applications...
10 >
11 > I'm on a 1.6Ghz P4, 512MB DDR RAM, 64MB ATI Mobility
12 >
13 > It used to take 1-2 seconds to open Konsole, now it takes 7-10 seconds...
14 > during that time the panel freezes.
15 >
16 > Same goes for my other apps... Kate, Konqueror...
17 >
18 > The only difference is xmms.. it loads fast but when I press play it takes
19 > about 10 seconds before it starts playing...
22 > However, once my KDE apps are running they perform normally..
25 > Any idea what could be bogging down my system? I didn't do any new emerges or
26 > change any settings as far as I know...
29 > I did however disable xinerama and move to a single screen setup since I no
30 > longer have a second monitor attached to my laptop.. but that shouldn't
31 > cause the problems I am experiencing I don't think....
32 >
33 > Josh.
34 >
35 > --