From: Gyujin Park <gpark@××××××.com>
To: gentoo-performance@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-performance] swap?
Date: Sat, 31 Jul 2004 17:03:41
1 Thanks, all I'm just going to forget about 2004.2
2 I'm going back to 2004.0 with vanilla-sources.
3 Gentoo stability in 2004.2 isn't good. I just genkerneled 2.4 in other system
4 under 2004.2
5
6 It gives me some error outputs I didn't notice while I was installing on the test
7 server.
8
9 2004.0 won't probably effect anything, since portage has everything upto date.
10
11 Thanks all
12
13 -Tom-
14
15 On Sat Jul 31 10:57 , Bart Alewijnse <scarfboy@×××××.com> sent:
16
17 >Yeah, I told him that now, in a mail I just noticed I forgot to copy the gentoo
18 >list address into. gmail does NOT cooperate with mailing lists, *sigh*
19 >
20 >(Incidentally, I used the dd as a test on my own computer (384mb of
21 >mem) to see when it would start swapping out processes, in case you
22 >wondered why I suggested doing that)
23 >