From: Alex Schuster <wonko@×××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-performance@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-performance] Horrible performance
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2010 20:04:42
Mansour Moufid writes:

> But actually it sounds like you don't have direct rendering? Check > with glxinfo (from x11-apps/mesa-progs): > > $ glxinfo | grep -i direct
Thanks, but opengl is running fine. Well, it took me quite a while until I got it working, but finally there was a version of ati-drivers that worked, and from then on it kept working fine.
> If that works you can also try building the KDE libraries with -Os to > help with memory. I don't think you should be using swap at all.
Me too. So -Os would only be a workaround to make the probelm less bad. I hope I find a better solution. Wonko