From: Roman Gaufman <hackeron@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-performance@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-performance] Gentoo-performance forum?
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2004 13:15:39
On Mon, 11 Oct 2004 14:02:50 +0100, Joel Merrick <joel@×××××××××××.com>  >

> A 'proper' database that contains your hardware, architecture, > optimization flags, hdparm, kernel & tuning, phase of the moon, mother's > horroscope ;) > > You know what I mean! Not just a mish-mash of forum posts. ;) >
Ah, now I do :) -- yes, its a great idea, but that will take quite a bit of effort to implement. Adding a forum is literally 2 mouse clicks. One doesnt hurt the other either.
> Err... where's the hardware? >
CFLAGS, Acovea, Raid benchmarks, sysctrl, hdparm, random hard drive benchmarks -- those are all hardware related! -- The results are different for whatever hardware configuration/type. -- gentoo-performance@g.o mailing list