From: Guillermo Ramhorst <gramhorst@××××××××××××.ar>
To: gentoo-performance@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-performance] Resources for Gentoo Desktop Performance Tuning
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2005 02:16:10
Hi Gentooers. I've been playing around with Gentoo for a while, and now
comes the time to tune up things a bit, as my k6-2 500mhz cpu and 256mb
RAM are getting a bit slowy. I 've emerged gnome (which I no longer use
except for some icons and perhaps a couple of utilities), xfce4 and
icewm. The last 2 of which I'm playing with, along with ROX for file
management and desktop (pinboard).
I would like to know about pointers to guides, hints & tips on how to
tailor a Gentoo system the improve performance (e.g. what processes to
comment out, USE flags, file system issues, etc etc). Oh, forgot to
mention I'm using ReiserFS 3 fs's except /boot which is ext2.
Any help will be appreciated.
Thanks in advance!!!
Willy.