From: Michael Higgins <mhiggins@×××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-perl@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-perl] Big Perl Packages and g-cpan
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2007 22:15:42
Hello, List --

Shot in the dark here... anyone on the list using any big, multi-module perl
packages but finding that g-cpan just ain't doin' it for ya?

If so, anyone find a suitable practice to avoid it? (Outside of making an
ebuild, of course.)

I've found that CPAN is just fine to use in the past. But g-cpan doesn't
seem to do much except get in the way when given a build of any real
complexity.

It seems like maybe CPAN.pm could be patched to emerge any modules
maintained the portage when needed by CPAN. If I dump g-cpan, should I also
emerge -C any modules built with portage and build them with CPAN?

Any thoughts or advice much appreciated.

Thanks,

--
Michael Higgins