From: Michael Higgins <mhiggins@×××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-perl@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-perl] Big Perl Packages and g-cpan
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2007 22:15:42
1 Hello, List --
2
3 Shot in the dark here... anyone on the list using any big, multi-module perl
4 packages but finding that g-cpan just ain't doin' it for ya?
5
6 If so, anyone find a suitable practice to avoid it? (Outside of making an
7 ebuild, of course.)
8
9 I've found that CPAN is just fine to use in the past. But g-cpan doesn't
10 seem to do much except get in the way when given a build of any real
11 complexity.
12
13 It seems like maybe CPAN.pm could be patched to emerge any modules
14 maintained the portage when needed by CPAN. If I dump g-cpan, should I also
15 emerge -C any modules built with portage and build them with CPAN?
16
17 Any thoughts or advice much appreciated.
18
19 Thanks,
22 Michael Higgins
26 gentoo-perl@g.o mailing list