From: "Beau E. Cox" <beaucox@×××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-perl@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-perl] [SOLVED]Specific example of make test failure returning $? of 0
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2006 16:47:09
On Wednesday 11 January 2006 05:07 am, Michael Cummings wrote:
> On Wed, 2006-01-11 at 05:00 -1000, Beau E. Cox wrote: > > Sorry I didn't make that clearer - the results below were generated > > _completely_ outside of portage; for each test I manually unpacked, > > perl Makefile.pl, make, make test in the traditional way. The only > > thing I can see that was different was the perl I used (same make, same > > version of Extutils::Command, etc. ). > > But in the tests results you pasted (or at least what I read) the tests > failed in the same ways, the only discernable difference being from > different versions of Test::(more? simple? same package, you know what I > mean :)
Well...the Test::Simple/More suite wasn't the problem. It was a beta version ( 2.57_03 ) of Test::Harness that I had installed in the module tree in some former life that was causing the problem. Went to Test::Harness-2.56 and everything is fine! Sorry for the wasted bandwidth everyone...
> > > I guess I will proceed to get into big trouble by building a perl in > > portage (overriding the standard) with the configuration I used in > > my /home/beau perl. If my system is still running :) I'll get back to > > you soon. > > I'd be curious to see where the deliminating factor is that could result > in different return codes on dies...that's just plain lala :)
lala happens. Programmer stupidity is a close second.
-- Aloha => Beau; -- gentoo-perl@g.o mailing list