From: Kent Fredric <kentfredric@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-perl@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-perl] perl 5.10
Date: Fri, 03 Apr 2009 04:45:23
On Fri, Apr 3, 2009 at 5:06 PM, Adam Prime <adam.prime@××××××××.ca> wrote:

> Are there any instructions around about how to install 5.10.0 from > perl-experimental without catalyst etc etc? I guess there isn't really > any harm in installing catalyst, and all it's dependencies (other than > time), but I was till wondering. > > Thanks, > > Adam > >
I'm confused, how does installing catalyst have anything on Perl 5.10 dependencies. They may all be in the same overlay, but dependency tracking still works as normal. I don't myself *see* anything that would cause installation of Perl 5.10 to *require* the installation of Catalyst . If it is telling you that you need to install catalyst, then you'll probably want to reply with a paste of the dependency tree how your machine resolves it, because that's rather unusual. -- Kent perl -e "print substr( \"edrgmaM SPA NOcomil.ic\\@tfrken\", \$_ * 3, 3 ) for ( 9,8,0,7,1,6,5,4,3,2 ); http://kent-fredric.fox.geek.nz