From: Yuval Yaari <yuval@g.o>
To: gentoo-perl@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-perl] Proposed perl-module.eclass additions
Date: Wed, 09 Aug 2006 16:01:41
1 Michael Cummings wrote:
2 > I'd like to propose adding two new vars to the perl-module.eclass. (all
3 > naming conventions completely open to change)
4 >
5 I think I know what made you think about it ;)
6 > echovar - if defined, used in src_prep for passing an answer to perl
7 > Makefile.Pl|perl Build.PL. Could save some overhead with ebuilds that
8 > need that extra input, letting us stick to the basic skeleton ebuild for
9 > even *more* perl-modules :)
10 >
11 YES!
12 I'm not sure I like the name, but I'd love to have this capability.
13 What about an extra var to be passed to Makefile.PL (not echo-ed), e.g.,
14 `perl Makefile.PL --whatever` and not `echo whatever | perl Makefile.PL`?
15 Just a thought...
16 > patchlist - array of patches to be applied in src_unpack. Just a
17 > thought, mostly along the same lines as above, cleaning up the skeletons
18 > and putting more work in the eclass.
19 >
20 You have my vote for it.
21
22 ~Y