From: Yuval Yaari <yuval@g.o>
To: gentoo-perl@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-perl] Proposed perl-module.eclass additions
Date: Wed, 09 Aug 2006 16:01:41
Michael Cummings wrote:
> I'd like to propose adding two new vars to the perl-module.eclass. (all > naming conventions completely open to change) >
I think I know what made you think about it ;)
> echovar - if defined, used in src_prep for passing an answer to perl > Makefile.Pl|perl Build.PL. Could save some overhead with ebuilds that > need that extra input, letting us stick to the basic skeleton ebuild for > even *more* perl-modules :) >
YES! I'm not sure I like the name, but I'd love to have this capability. What about an extra var to be passed to Makefile.PL (not echo-ed), e.g., `perl Makefile.PL --whatever` and not `echo whatever | perl Makefile.PL`? Just a thought...
You have my vote for it. ~Y -- gentoo-perl@g.o mailing list