From: Michele Beltrame <admin@×××××××××.info>
To: gentoo-perl@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-perl] The perl overlay
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2007 09:12:15
1 Hello all!
2
3 I waas trying to re-sync to the perl overlay and noticed it doesn't really work
4 as expected with layman. The list shows a "perl-experimental" overlay, the sync
5 of which fails as the overlay seems to be called perl and available here:
6
7 http://overlays.gentoo.org/svn/proj/perl/
8
9 There's a perl-experimental directory inside this, which contains the various
10 package categories.
11
12 Speaking of packages, I noticed there are no modules at all, and was wondering
13 if write access to this overlay can be given to a broader audience, as the
14 Gentoo Overlays Developer's Guide seems to Allow: "If you choose, you can also
15 give users write access to your overlay."
16 I have some ebuilds for modules (not only the Catalyst-related ones) which I'd
17 like to submit - which will help me also to get a bit less lazy and fix the
18 small problems they have. ;)
19
20 Thanks,
21 Michele.