From: Michele Beltrame <admin@×××××××××.info>
To: gentoo-perl@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-perl] The perl overlay
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2007 09:12:15
Hello all!

I waas trying to re-sync to the perl overlay and noticed it doesn't really work
as expected with layman. The list shows a "perl-experimental" overlay, the sync
of which fails as the overlay seems to be called perl and available here:

http://overlays.gentoo.org/svn/proj/perl/

There's a perl-experimental directory inside this, which contains the various
package categories.

Speaking of packages, I noticed there are no modules at all, and was wondering
if write access to this overlay can be given to a broader audience, as the
Gentoo Overlays Developer's Guide seems to Allow: "If you choose, you can also
give users write access to your overlay."
I have some ebuilds for modules (not only the Catalyst-related ones) which I'd
like to submit - which will help me also to get a bit less lazy and fix the
small problems they have. ;)

Thanks,
Michele.

--