From: Michael Cummings <mcummings@g.o>
To: gentoo-perl@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-perl] Perl ebuilds needing updates (61)
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2005 16:53:52
Mark Schoonover wrote:
> > How can I help?? I'm a newbie to creating/updating e-builds.
Mark, I appreciate the offer :) The email to the list is mostly to keep everyone up to date on where we stand (actual number is in the 50's, there's a few bugs almost not worth tracking down in this script). The best help is probably in testing ebuilds as they hit the tree in ~x86, especially those listed on http://gentoo.tamperd.net/stable (filtered to your platform(s) and perl herd) as being masked for inordinate amounts of time (>90 to 100 days as a rule of thumb) and filing bugs (http://bugs.gentoo.org) that they work fine. Bumping and adding new versions is easy, but without feedback its hard to know successes vs failures. Its easy for me, cpw, and superlag (and any other stragglers :) to say they work - but short of error reports, its hard to see if packages are getting used at all. Thanks! ~mcummings -- gentoo-perl@g.o mailing list