From: Michael Cummings <mcummings@g.o>
To: gentoo-perl@l.g.o
Cc: gentoo-perl@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-perl] Problem with g-cpan and Task::Catalyst
Date: Fri, 30 Dec 2005 12:43:56
1 On Fri, 2005-12-30 at 13:12 +0100, Michele Beltrame wrote:
2
3 > ACCESS DENIED mkdir: /root/.cpanplus
4 > *** You are not allowed to write to the directory '/root/.cpanplus';
5 > the installation may fail due to insufficient permissions.
6 >
7 > The complete report of the error is at the bottom of this message.
8 > I am root, so I should have the correct permissions. Morevoer, if I
9 > install this way:
10 >
11 > cpan -i Task::Catalyst
12 >
13 > that is, directly with CPAN, everything works correctly and the
14 > .cpanplus directory gets created with no problem.
15 >
16 > Any idea?
17 >
18 > Thanks, Michele.
19
20 ideas: plenty; solutions: none atm. We get into a hairy area where
21 cpanplus is getting pulled in by one of the deps, probably via an
22 autopackage, and it has generated a bad config file for you (since it
23 wasn't installed interactively) which among other problems, points to
24 portage_tmp and /root/ for certain things. the quickest solution would
25 be to fire up cpanplus and reconfigure it (should have similar options
26 to cpan interactive in this regard) so that everything is pointing right
27 again, worst case hand munging the config file that got plopped into
28 vendor. I had thought about generating a good (patched) ebuild for
29 cpanplus, but time has been a bit short of late. i'm curious whether you
30 tried the bundle for catalyst or not - my last attempt at the everything
31 bundle was bullox since the bundle was missing a bundle file (silly
32 catalyst devs). I realize this isn't a clean solution, but it would at
33 least get you over the hump (hopefully).
34
35 ~mcummings