From: Michele Beltrame <admin@×××××××××.info>
To: gentoo-perl@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-perl] Catalyst in the main portage tree
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2006 23:48:44
1 Hello!
2
3 The inclusion of Catalyst in the main Gentoo repository would be
4 fantastic! The overlay is currently made of 156 ebuilds; not necessarly
5 all of them have to make it into portage, but I think at least the ones
6 most widely used by Catalyst users should. So, probably at least
7 100-120. Yeah, I now it's a scary amount of ebuilds... ;-)
8
9 An important aspect will be the contact between the Catalyst community
10 and the Gentoo Perl herd - that is, between me and the future maintainer
11 of the ebuilds. Fact is in the Catalyst world things evolve sometimes
12 quickly, so new modules (=>ebuilds) are added, other are deprecated,
13 etc. It's now quite easy for me to keep the unofficial overlay
14 up-to-date, as I'm into the Catalyst community; when (if) it'll go into
15 portage, I guess I won't be the one to maintain the thing, but I'll be
16 sure to "haunt" the maintainer (Antoine? ;-)) when things need to be
17 changed.
18
19 Also, if you decide to make this thing I'll need to check all the
20 ebuilds as some are missing the LICENSE line, and some descriptions are
21 er... not so up-to-date. ;-)
22
23 I hope Catalyst will get this important chance to see its user base
24 grow!
25
26 Michele.
30 gentoo-perl@g.o mailing list