From: Michele Beltrame <admin@×××××××××.info>
To: gentoo-perl@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-perl] Catalyst in the main portage tree
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2006 23:48:44
Hello!

The inclusion of Catalyst in the main Gentoo repository would be
fantastic! The overlay is currently made of 156 ebuilds; not necessarly
all of them have to make it into portage, but I think at least the ones
most widely used by Catalyst users should. So, probably at least
100-120. Yeah, I now it's a scary amount of ebuilds... ;-)

An important aspect will be the contact between the Catalyst community
and the Gentoo Perl herd - that is, between me and the future maintainer
of the ebuilds. Fact is in the Catalyst world things evolve sometimes
quickly, so new modules (=>ebuilds) are added, other are deprecated,
etc. It's now quite easy for me to keep the unofficial overlay
up-to-date, as I'm into the Catalyst community; when (if) it'll go into
portage, I guess I won't be the one to maintain the thing, but I'll be
sure to "haunt" the maintainer (Antoine? ;-)) when things need to be
changed.

Also, if you decide to make this thing I'll need to check all the
ebuilds as some are missing the LICENSE line, and some descriptions are
er... not so up-to-date. ;-)

I hope Catalyst will get this important chance to see its user base
grow!

Michele.