From: Nick Prater <nick@××××.com>
To: gentoo-perl@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-perl] New perl module ebuilds to support www-apps/rt
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2008 09:00:28
1 Hi,
2
3 I've been working on updating www-apps/rt to the latest version 3.8.1,
4 which I now have running on my own system.
5
6 The new version introduces a number of new perl module dependencies,
7 for which there are no existing ebuilds:
8
9 HTML::RewriteAttributes >= 0.02
10 File::ShareDir
11 Data::ICal
12 depends on Text::vFile::asData
13 depends on Class::Accessor::Chains
14
15 I have generated ebuilds for these five modules.
16
17 There is also a dependency on Encode >= 2.13.
18
19 Version 2.12 of Encode is distributed as part of dev-lang/perl, but
20 there is no specific ebuild for this. As a result I have generated
21 ebuilds as follows:
22
23 virtual/perl-Encode-2.12 (the version that's part of dev-lang/perl)
24 virtual/perl-Encode-2.26 (the latest version on CPAN)
25 perl-core/Encode-2.26
28 I understand that general policy is not to add ebuilds for additional
29 perl modules, but as these are to support another ebuild's
30 dependencies, it would be acceptable to add these.
31
32 I plan to submit these ebuilds to bugzilla in the next day of so.
33
34 Before I do so, is there anything obviously wrong in what I'm doing,
35 particularly with regard to Encode? Is there any particular etiquette
36 I should be following to have these ebuilds introduced?
37
38 I'd be grateful for any advice, comments or criticism. If I don't hear
39 anything in the next few days, I'll file each of these as bugs on
40 bugzilla and stand well back!
41
42 Many thanks,
43