From: dams <dams@g.o>
To: gentoo-perl@l.g.o
Cc: gentoo-perl@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-perl] PortageXS / Gentoo::Portage
Date: Fri, 06 Oct 2006 08:42:11
1 On Mon, 18 Sep 2006 01:01:19 +0200
2 Christian Hartmann <ian@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > Hi all,
5 >
6 > I promised that I'll keep you posted about the progress I'm making.
7 > First of all Gentoo::Portage it's now called PortageXS just because
8 > of some reasons:
9 >
10 > - there already sits a Gentoo::Portage on my harddrive thanks to
11 > g-cpan ;)
12 > - if you don't like it I'll continue working on PortageXS anyways for
13 > my own toys - different namespace - no harm done :)
14 > - I like the name 'PortageXS' because it pretty much describes what
15 > it does: access portage stuff using perl; providing an abstraction
16 > layer to portage
17 > - it's based on up2date-ng and @otherscripts - not based on
18 > Gentoo::Portage
19 >
20 > Grab the ebuild here:
21 > http://download.iansview.com/gentoo/tools/PortageXS/PortageXS-0.01_pre1.ebuild
22
23 As I told to Christian, I currently have no internet access at home,
24 but as soon as I have, I'll check this out. Thanks for coding stuff :)
25
26 cheers,
27 dams
28 --