From: "Beau E. Cox" <beaucox@×××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-perl@l.g.o, gentoo-perl@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-perl] Testing modules
Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2006 13:44:30
1 On Friday 27 January 2006 02:30 am, Yuval Yaari wrote:
2 > Beau E. Cox wrote:
3 > > Hi -
4 > >
5 > > I want to run the 'src_test' routine by default for the
6 > > 40+ ebuilds I have made for the CPAN modules I use. The
7 > > only way I could figure out how to do it was to make a
8 > > new eclass (a copy of perl-module) that calls 'src_test'
9 > > at the end of the 'src_compile' routine. How can I do this
10 > > in a more *standard* way?
11 > >
12 > > The docs mention:
13 > >
14 > > env FEATURES=maketest ebuild XML-Simple-2.14.ebuild test
15 > >
16 > > Is there any way to set the use flag so this happens
17 > > automatically? I have tried changing /etc/portage/package.use
18 > > like this:
19 > >
20 > > XML-Simple maketest
21 > >
22 > > but the emerge still says 'test phase not enabled'.
23 > > I am missing something...
24 >
25 > Yup, you're missing something; maketest is not a USE flag.
26 > I think it's:
27 > echo dev-perl/XML-Simple maketest >> /etc/portage/package.features
28
29 Thanks Yuval - but I tried it and sill get 'test phase not enabled'
32 > HTH,
33 >
34 > --Yuval
37 Aloha => Beau;