From: Chisel Wright <chisel@×××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-perl@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-perl] g-cpan -u
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2005 21:33:01
On Mon, Nov 14, 2005 at 09:09:15PM +0000, Chisel Wright wrote:
> No problem, if I'm online and have some time spare I'll try to > investigate futher myself.
I've only skimmed over g-cpan.pl, but I can't see anywhere in sub upgrade_module{} where the CPAN version is compared against the currently installed version. It seems to confirm that $fullname is 'perl-gcpan', sets a couple of CPAN::Config options, then just does a $pack->make() I'll be honest and say that I can't work out what's going on with the line: my $pack = $CPAN::META->instance( ... ); A quick grep of 'perldoc CPAN' doesn't have any hits but I do see it declared in CPAN.pm. I really don't have the time to read and grok the source for that ... ! -- Chisel Wright e: chisel@×××××××××××××.uk w: http://www.herlpacker.co.uk/ No virus was found in this outgoing message as I didn't bother looking. -- gentoo-perl@g.o mailing list