From: Michael Cummings <mcummings@g.o>
To: gentoo-perl@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-perl] gnome-1 && gtk-perl
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2006 13:00:47
As most of you are probably aware, the gnome team has decided to remove
gnome-1 from the tree because it is a drain on their resources to support (my
wording for it). While I can sympathize and understand the argument, we
(perl) have more than a few modules/apps that rely on this gnome-1 support to
function. A few Gentoo developers, such as spyderous, have offered to
continue to support gnome-1 to help keep their apps alive, and have asked if
we would like to be a part of that. Rather than arbitrarily say yes all on my
lonesome (since we all know my hard core c/c++ skills are lacking), I'd like
to ask your opinions. Just to give a brief sample, we're talking about
packages like gtk-perl, glade-perl (which would be moved under gtk-perl per a
pending bug, but I didn't see the point in pursuing that while gtk-perl was
package.masked), bins, and the associated modules.

--

Michael Cummings   |    #gentoo-dev, #gentoo-perl