From: Michael Cummings <mcummings@g.o>
To: gentoo-perl@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-perl] gnome-1 && gtk-perl
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2006 13:00:47
1 As most of you are probably aware, the gnome team has decided to remove
2 gnome-1 from the tree because it is a drain on their resources to support (my
3 wording for it). While I can sympathize and understand the argument, we
4 (perl) have more than a few modules/apps that rely on this gnome-1 support to
5 function. A few Gentoo developers, such as spyderous, have offered to
6 continue to support gnome-1 to help keep their apps alive, and have asked if
7 we would like to be a part of that. Rather than arbitrarily say yes all on my
8 lonesome (since we all know my hard core c/c++ skills are lacking), I'd like
9 to ask your opinions. Just to give a brief sample, we're talking about
10 packages like gtk-perl, glade-perl (which would be moved under gtk-perl per a
11 pending bug, but I didn't see the point in pursuing that while gtk-perl was
12 package.masked), bins, and the associated modules.
17 Michael Cummings | #gentoo-dev, #gentoo-perl
18 Gentoo Perl Dev | on irc.freenode.net
19 Gentoo/SPARC
20 Gentoo/AMD64
21 GPG: 0543 6FA3 5F82 3A76 3BF7 8323 AB5C ED4E 9E7F 4E2E
23 --
24 gentoo-perl@g.o mailing list