From: Michael Cummings <mcummings@g.o>
To: gentoo-perl@g.o
Cc: gentoo-perl@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-perl] Another g-cpan question
Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2006 21:13:05
1 As is often enough the case, soon as I sent this off I realized that
2 there was really only one 'economical' solution. Sorry for the traffic
3 folks.
4
5 ~mcummings
6
7 On Mon, 2006-04-17 at 15:54 -0400, Michael Cummings wrote:
8 > That's right folks, shape the future of the next release of g-cpan!
9 >
10 > *cough* *cough*
11 >
12 > OK, next question I'm torn on (btw, verdict with 2 whole feedbacks was
13 > that YAML was an acceptable dep). I'm in a position where I can tweak
14 > some simple code based on the more comprehensive dep list and list DEPs,
15 > or I can take some time (and time == slightly larger memory footprint)
16 > and maintain module-version in the DEP list. Thoughts? On the one hand,
17 > g-cpan is a "for entertainment purposes only" tool, ie, the ebuilds it
18 > generates are intended for use on your box only, not for mass
19 > distribution to the masses (for starters, there's no such thing as QA on
20 > what its doing - its the risk you take using something that blindly
21 > installs cpan modules). On the other hand, the power is there to do
22 > it...opinions?