From: Yuval Yaari <yyuval@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-perl@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-perl] Testing modules
Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2006 12:30:43
1 Beau E. Cox wrote:
2 > Hi -
3 >
4 > I want to run the 'src_test' routine by default for the
5 > 40+ ebuilds I have made for the CPAN modules I use. The
6 > only way I could figure out how to do it was to make a
7 > new eclass (a copy of perl-module) that calls 'src_test'
8 > at the end of the 'src_compile' routine. How can I do this
9 > in a more *standard* way?
10 >
11 > The docs mention:
12 >
13 > env FEATURES=maketest ebuild XML-Simple-2.14.ebuild test
14 >
15 > Is there any way to set the use flag so this happens
16 > automatically? I have tried changing /etc/portage/package.use
17 > like this:
18 >
19 > XML-Simple maketest
20 >
21 > but the emerge still says 'test phase not enabled'.
22 > I am missing something...
23
24 Yup, you're missing something; maketest is not a USE flag.
25 I think it's:
26 echo dev-perl/XML-Simple maketest >> /etc/portage/package.features
27
28 HTH,
29
30 --Yuval