From: Christian Hartmann <ian@g.o>
To: gentoo-perl@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-perl] Proposed perl-module.eclass additions
Date: Wed, 09 Aug 2006 17:10:17
1 > I'd like to propose adding two new vars to the perl-module.eclass. (all
2 > naming conventions completely open to change)
3
4 About the naming conventions I propose to add something in the beginning of
5 the name of the function that shows which eclass the function belongs to,
6 just like eutils does e.g. - So I'd vote for something like 'pm_echovar' (pm_
7 = perl-module) just to avoid naming collisions.
8
9 > echovar - if defined, used in src_prep for passing an answer to perl
10 > Makefile.Pl|perl Build.PL. Could save some overhead with ebuilds that
11 > need that extra input, letting us stick to the basic skeleton ebuild for
12 > even *more* perl-modules :)
13
14 ++
15
16 > patchlist - array of patches to be applied in src_unpack. Just a
17 > thought, mostly along the same lines as above, cleaning up the skeletons
18 > and putting more work in the eclass.
19
20 Sure.. why not. - Wouldn't that be something for eutils btw?
23 Christian Hartmann
24 http://www.gentoo.org/~ian/
25
26 PGP Key:
27 http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x2154E5EE692A4865
28 Key fingerprint = 4544 EC0C BAE4 216F 5981 7F95 2154 E5EE 692A 4865
31 gentoo-perl@g.o mailing list