From: Alex Efros <powerman@××××××××.name>
To: gentoo-perl@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-perl] perl-5.18 required…
Date: Fri, 06 Sep 2013 00:11:10
1 Hi!
2
3 I prefer to use latest CPAN modules, so I've in /etc/portage/package.keywords:
4
5 perl-core/*
6 dev-perl/*
7 virtual/perl-*
8
9 This works fine until today, when I notice several ~arch packages require
10 perl-5.18 (which I didn't plan to install until it will be marked stable
11 in portage, and which can't be installed anyway because of several
12 conflicts). To fix this I've to add into /etc/portage/package.mask:
13
14 # require perl-5.18
15 =virtual/perl-ExtUtils-CBuilder-0.280.210
16 =virtual/perl-ExtUtils-ParseXS-3.220.0
17 =virtual/perl-IO-1.280.0
18 =virtual/perl-Perl-OSType-1.3.0
19 =virtual/perl-CPAN-2.0.0
20
21 Maybe it makes more sense to hardmask such packages in portage, at least
22 until perl-5.18 will be ready to install without conflicts on ~arch?
25 WBR, Alex.