From: Davide Angelocola <davide.angelocola@×××××××.it>
To: gentoo-perl@l.g.o
Cc: davide.angelocola@×××××.com
Subject: [gentoo-perl] www-server/mod_perl-2.0.3 ebuild
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2007 10:21:56
1 Hi,
2 in the ebuild for mod_perl there is this code:
3 if [ "${INSTALLED_MPM}" != "prefork" ]; then
4 if [ "${ITHREADS}" == "undef" ]; then
5 ewarn "You cannot build mod_perl on a threaded apache"
6 ewarn "with an unthreaded perl. You must either emerge"
7 ewarn "perl with ithreads in your USE flags, or emerge"
8 ewarn "apache without threading support"
9 exit
10 fi
11 fi
12
13 when I try to emerge it, with threated apache and unthreaded perl I got:
14 ...
15 >>> Unpacking source...
16 * You cannot build mod_perl on a threaded apache
17 * with an unthreaded perl. You must either emerge
18 * perl with ithreads in your USE flags, or emerge
19 * apache without threading support
20 >>> Compiling source in /var/tmp/portage/www-apache/mod_perl-2.0.3 ...
21 Can't open perl script "Makefile.PL": No such file or directory
22
23 That is ok. However I think that "die" should be better than "exit" here in
24 order to avoid the error "Can't open ...".
27 Best Regards,
28 Davide Angelocola
29 --
30 -- Davide Angelocola