From: Adam Prime <adam.prime@××××××××.ca>
To: gentoo-perl@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-perl] perl 5.10
Date: Fri, 03 Apr 2009 14:04:56
1 Kent Fredric wrote:
4 > I'm confused, how does installing catalyst have anything on Perl 5.10
5 > dependencies.
6 >
7 > They may all be in the same overlay, but dependency tracking still works
8 > as normal.
9 >
10 > I don't myself *see* anything that would cause installation of Perl 5.10
11 > to *require* the installation of Catalyst .
12 >
13 > If it is telling you that you need to install catalyst, then you'll
14 > probably want to reply with a paste of the dependency tree how your
15 > machine resolves it, because that's rather unusual.
16
17 Perhaps this has more to do with my lack of understanding of how
18 overlays work more than anything else. Based on what you've said I
19 should just be able to unmask perl 5.10, and emerge perl and that should
20 work just install base perl, and perhaps all the modules i had installed
21 for 5.8.8 (that exist in portage anyway)?
22
23 I was looking at instructions in a wiki somewhere, which i of course
24 can't find now. (not the one linked from the thread about catalyst in
25 the forums). For some reason that article made me think using the
26 overlay was an all or nothing deal.
27
28 Thanks,
29