From: Michele Beltrame <admin@×××××××××.info>
To: gentoo-perl@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-perl] Problem with g-cpan and Task::Catalyst
Date: Sat, 31 Dec 2005 17:03:48
1 Hello!
2
3 > portage_tmp and /root/ for certain things. the quickest solution would
4 > be to fire up cpanplus and reconfigure it (should have similar options
5 > to cpan interactive in this regard) so that everything is pointing right
6 > again, worst case hand munging the config file that got plopped into
7 > vendor.
8
9 I reconfigured CPANPLUS by hand, but the situation seems not to improve.
10 Well actually CPANPLUS works very well if used stand-alone, i.e.:
11
12 cpanp -i Task::Catalyst
13
14 but I get the usual permission denied messages when using g-cpan.
15
16 What I did (for now) was to install the separate modules which
17 Task::Catalyst depends on using g-cpan. Everything worked, even though
18 it was a bit more work.
19
20 Michele.
23 Michele Beltrame