From: Michele Beltrame <admin@×××××××××.info>
To: gentoo-perl@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-perl] Problem with g-cpan and Task::Catalyst
Date: Sat, 31 Dec 2005 17:03:48
Hello!

> portage_tmp and /root/ for certain things. the quickest solution would > be to fire up cpanplus and reconfigure it (should have similar options > to cpan interactive in this regard) so that everything is pointing right > again, worst case hand munging the config file that got plopped into > vendor.
I reconfigured CPANPLUS by hand, but the situation seems not to improve. Well actually CPANPLUS works very well if used stand-alone, i.e.: cpanp -i Task::Catalyst but I get the usual permission denied messages when using g-cpan. What I did (for now) was to install the separate modules which Task::Catalyst depends on using g-cpan. Everything worked, even though it was a bit more work. Michele. -- Michele Beltrame http://www.massainforme.it/mb/ ICQ# 76660101 -- gentoo-perl@g.o mailing list