From: Michael Cummings <mcummings@g.o>
To: Gentoo Perl <gentoo-perl@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-perl] Goals for the next year(?)
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2005 10:09:12
Over on the gentoo-dev mail list, there is currently a call out for
herd/project/team goals for the upcoming year. Before posting over there (and
because this list needs some dear sweet loving) I thought I'd post a proposed
list and solicit feedback on what's missing, what needs to be changed, etc.

-------------
- Perl 5.8.6 roll out - target July, intention is to also include minimal perl
support for build and vserver builds of perl (see threads and bugs.g.o for
that history). (P1)

- Continue the split of dev-perl from 500+ packages into manageable categories
(P3)

- Recruitment of additional perl devs if possible. In particular, folks
interested and conversant in the configuration and building process of
dev-lang/perl - an area we sorely need help in. (P2)

- g-cpan 0.14 roll out (P2)

- perl-cleaner integration with revdep-rebuild (in progress)

Anything else major? Maybe a quip or quote about mod_perl 2? Something obvious
that I missed?

--

Michael Cummings   |    #gentoo-dev, #gentoo-perl