From: Michael Cummings <mcummings@g.o>
To: Gentoo Perl <gentoo-perl@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-perl] Goals for the next year(?)
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2005 10:09:12
1 Over on the gentoo-dev mail list, there is currently a call out for
2 herd/project/team goals for the upcoming year. Before posting over there (and
3 because this list needs some dear sweet loving) I thought I'd post a proposed
4 list and solicit feedback on what's missing, what needs to be changed, etc.
5
6 -------------
7 - Perl 5.8.6 roll out - target July, intention is to also include minimal perl
8 support for build and vserver builds of perl (see threads and bugs.g.o for
9 that history). (P1)
10
11 - Continue the split of dev-perl from 500+ packages into manageable categories
12 (P3)
13
14 - Recruitment of additional perl devs if possible. In particular, folks
15 interested and conversant in the configuration and building process of
16 dev-lang/perl - an area we sorely need help in. (P2)
17
18 - g-cpan 0.14 roll out (P2)
19
20 - perl-cleaner integration with revdep-rebuild (in progress)
21
22 Anything else major? Maybe a quip or quote about mod_perl 2? Something obvious
23 that I missed?
29 Michael Cummings | #gentoo-dev, #gentoo-perl
30 Gentoo Perl Dev | on irc.freenode.net