From: Michael Cummings <mcummings@g.o>
To: gentoo-perl@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-perl] 5.8.8-rc1
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2006 22:39:44
On Tue, 2006-01-24 at 11:03 -1000, Beau E. Cox wrote:

> Wow - 350+ packages - a busy weekend. > One question: can you tell me in general what 'perl-cleaner' does? > -- > Aloha => Beau; >
At its lamest, perl-cleaner can go through and re-emerge modules installed under old perl's for you; it can re-emerge packages that linked against your old libperl.so; it can redo/clean your .ph files (if you need them, you know what they are, if not, most likely not); it can run on your computer for the better part of a day depening on the number of packages and scope of the rebuild ;) ~mcummings