From: Michael Cummings <mcummings@g.o>
To: gentoo-perl@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-perl] Catalyst installation using g-cpan
Date: Sun, 03 Jul 2005 17:46:04
1 On Sunday 03 July 2005 10:50, Michele Beltrame wrote:
2 > Is this a problem in how Catalyst "announces" the missing prerequisites?
5 I suspect it is (most of those should be present as ebuilds already in portage
6 at that). This all goes to one of the 2 underlying problems I have with how
7 g-cpan currently detects dependancies - it doesn't note deps that are already
8 installed, and it doesn't note versions of the deps. Instead it relies on
9 cpan to notice the missing deps - but I'm not sure how this works if the
10 module in question is using extutils::autoconfig and therefore sidestepping
11 the cpan.pm detection (which I suspect happened to you in Catalyst).
14 Oh, for time and time and time to work on this :)
19 Michael Cummings | #gentoo-dev, #gentoo-perl
20 Gentoo Perl Dev | on irc.freenode.net