From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh@××××××××××.com>
To: Christian Faulhammer <fauli@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-pms@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-pms] Patches for your reviewing pleasure: Various improvements, including cheat sheet
Date: Wed, 15 Apr 2009 20:35:24
On Wed, 15 Apr 2009 17:28:01 +0200
Christian Faulhammer <fauli@g.o> wrote:
> > > 0001: Desk reference, updated and all issues you raised handled. > > > > You're indenting with two spaces rather than four, and don't have > > our precious vim modelines. Lack of consistency makes me cry! > > Then go change the other files, and if Vim is too dumb to recognise a > LaTeX file, I can't help it.
The modelines are there for indenting rules. And if everyone used them, the other files wouldn't be in the mess they're in. Maybe.
> 0001: Corrected desk reference.
> + the previous EAPI. All label refer to the PMS document itself, > + built from the same checkout as this overview.
s/label/labels/, and s/built/which can be built/
> + \item[IUSE defaults] An USE flag can be marked as mandatory (if
A use flag, not an.
> + function automatically. so small additions you need will not be
That '.' should be a ','. I'd also say "so any small" rather than "so small".
> 0002: Tell Emacs to use retarded indenting in all LaTeX files, so the > Vim weenies don't whine.
Applied, thanks.
> 0003: Fix intendation to 4 spaces where needed.
Applied, minus the bits from 0001.
> 0004: Comment class file
Some of the lines in this one have trailing whitespace. Git moans about this, and it looks horrible. Can you get your editor to show you these so they don't slip through? Fixed up and applied, minus the bits from 0001.
> 0005: Kick out appendix.sty and a little appendix tweak
Applied, thanks.
> 0006: Some minor Makefile tweaking
This one needs 0001, so I've left it for now.
> 0007: Make email addresses clickable
Applied, thanks.
> And for inital review: > 0008: Add Gentoo logo to PMS and desk reference.
What's the copyright / licence / author information for the logo? You need to update .gitignore for the .png. There's something weird with convert -- if it doesn't support svg, it exits successfully anyway. Not sure whether we can do anything about that. Can't get it to build, either: ! LaTeX Error: File `gentoo-logo' not found. -- Ciaran McCreesh