From: Zac Medico <zmedico@g.o>
To: gentoo-pms@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-pms] Scope of EAPI 3
Date: Thu, 17 Dec 2009 01:15:57
Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
> On Wed, 16 Dec 2009 23:49:38 +0100 > Christian Faulhammer <fauli@g.o> wrote: >> No matter how nice other features would be, we should regard EAPI >> 3 similar to EAPI 1 which was a quick thing to get some small >> features done. Any objections? > > Unfortunately, Zac is doing otherwise, and experience shows that what > Zac does ends up being the final decision. You'll need to either > convince him to revert the other things he's put in EAPI 3 (which I > think is just unpack changes, so far), or get the Council to make him > do so, or persuade the Council to change their minds on what's in 3.
The council doesn't have to "make" me do anything. The final EAPI 3 will have exactly what the council wants and nothing more. I added xz unpack in EAPI 3_pre2 because I just assumed that everyone would agree on it. If the council wants to exclude xz unpack in the final EAPI 3, that's okay and I'll do as the council wishes. -- Thanks, Zac