From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-pms@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-pms] kdebuild-1 conditionales
Date: Fri, 11 Dec 2009 18:14:36
1 On Fri, 11 Dec 2009 15:23:01 +0100
2 Christian Faulhammer <fauli@g.o> wrote:
3 > Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh@××××××××××.com>:
4 > > You haven't taken steps to verify that there aren't users with
5 > > kdebuild things still installed. Once you've taken those steps, then
6 > > and only then is it reasonable to remove kdebuild from PMS and
7 > > package managers. Until those steps are taken, what you're doing is
8 > > purely political.
9 >
10 > I will come to answer the other emails next week
11
12 In the mean time, please revert all your changes that didn't follow the
13 standard review procedure.
14
15 >, but I want to reply
16 > to that: You haven't taken steps to verify that there aren't users
17 > with an EAPI-unaware package manager still installed.
18 > kdebuild-1 is not actively used since even the GenKDEsvn overlay has
19 > been abandoned.
20
21 So? I said *still installed*. We can't drop EAPI support until users
22 don't have packages *installed* using that EAPI.
25 Ciaran McCreesh