From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-pms@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-pms] The "Feature Availability by EAPI" table is uglier than Portage code
Date: Sun, 06 May 2012 16:28:58
The "Feature Availability by EAPI" table looks nasty. Once we add EAPI
5 in there, it won't properly fit on the page. Here are some ideas:

Left align the 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 column headers.

For "default_ phase functions" and "econf arguments", there's too much
column text. We could either replace this with "see text", or put a
quick summary into a different table and say "see table D.2".

We could nuke the first column.

We could put in some "light" lines on the table. Then for features that
are shared across EAPIs, we can do this:

                         | 0    1     | 2    3       | 4    5      |
  |Use Dependencies      | No         | 2-style      | 4-style     |
  |src_compile           | 0  | 1     | 2                          |

possibly with multi-column text centred.

Or we could do it using some kind of background shading on cells
instead?

--
Ciaran McCreesh