From: Christian Faulhammer <fauli@g.o>
To: gentoo-pms@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-pms] Fill column
Date: Sun, 17 Jan 2010 09:30:51
Hi,

Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh@××××××××××.com>:
> > Lines with a width of 100 characters are hard to read, therefore I > > would much prefer a more conventional value like 70 or 72. Maybe > > with exceptions for some of the tables. > > > > A good time for making such a change would be when EAPI 3 is > > finished. What do you think? > > Oh heck no. There's no excuse for using 70 or 80 columns for source > code any more. My old laptop can fit 100 across the screen > comfortably, which is much cleaner to work with.
We don't talk about source code but continous text even if having some mark-up around. And best readability for such text is around 60 characters per line, languages with long words may have more.
And you don't want us to argue about the colour, right? V-Li -- Christian Faulhammer, Gentoo Lisp project <URL:http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/lisp/>, #gentoo-lisp on FreeNode <URL:http://gentoo.faulhammer.org/>