From: Christian Faulhammer <fauli@g.o>
To: gentoo-pms@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-pms] Clarify line continuation in make.defaults
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 2010 22:01:39
Hi,

Jacob Godserv <jacobgodserv@×××××.com>:
> The wording on how a quoted string might continue over more than one > line is only barely enough to grasp its meaning. It requires some deep > logical thought to figure out what's actually meant here, so I've > added a little bit of extra explanation.
That's fine by me. If you prepare the patch with git format-patch, you would be able to see your name in the VCS system. We will wait for comments from others, thanks for your contribution.
> I found that nano set to COLUMNS=107 produced word wrapping similar to > the rest of the file, but let me know if I missed other formatting > rules I ought to know about.
A thing I would like to talk about it. Why is the line wrap the way it is? Emacs always complains and he has the authority regarding line wrap. V-Li -- Christian Faulhammer, Gentoo Lisp project <URL:http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/lisp/>, #gentoo-lisp on FreeNode <URL:http://gentoo.faulhammer.org/>